SEX!!!

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Paulab

SEX!!!

Post by Paulab »

Do you find it hard to enjoy sex?:sad:

Is it true that male renal peps can't enjoy sex as much? :shock:

Is it true that female renal peps don't feel like sex? :shock:

Just thought I'd ask as I'm nosey!!! :oops:

Please don't be upset by this thread as I'm trying to write a paper on the subject, If you wish PM me with your reply if you don't wish pep's to know what goes on or not in the bedroom........ :wink:

Thank x :P
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Post by JMan »

You should check out:

http://www.kidney.org.uk/Medical-Info/s ... index.html

I did once go to my GP to ask for a little 'help' but I think a lot of it was lack of confidence in bed, as after that I was fine, & didn't need anything prescribed.
Paulab

Post by Paulab »

JMan wrote:You should check out:

http://www.kidney.org.uk/Medical-Info/s ... index.html

I did once go to my GP to ask for a little 'help' but I think a lot of it was lack of confidence in bed, as after that I was fine, & didn't need anything prescribed.
Thanks for that jman, but I would also love to here from real peps like yourself about thing that go bump in the night!!!! (or not!)

x
tommc

Post by tommc »

When i first went on dialysis for a few weeks i couldnt have cared less had no energy felt awfull just wanted to sleep. Now no problems at all.

Tom
Transplanted 31/05/09

http://www.uktransplant.org.uk
Rik

Post by Rik »

hmm?? ... Paula ... I can give details if you like ... :roll:
but will you need to check personal references too??!! :shock:
Paulab

Post by Paulab »

Rik wrote:hmm?? ... Paula ... I can give details if you like ... :roll:
but will you need to check personal references too??!! :shock:

PM me with these please and I get right on to it! :wink: :oops: :shock:
laurajadedaniels

Post by laurajadedaniels »

nah no problems..appart from i seem to get more injuries now than i did before?? :oops:
Nicky

Post by Nicky »

Ive had absolutely zero interest for a good two years and its majorly damaged my relationship.
Thumps

Post by Thumps »

I've pretty much lost interest in sex too - or at least, times when I am interested are much rarer. I put it down to the anaemia and constant tiredness.

I'm sorry it's been an issue for you, Nicky - I can totally see how. My partner and I are still hugely affectionate towards each other - we talk about all this stuff very openly quite a bit, and that's definitely key for us. Luckily he's very understanding of the situation, although I do feel a very real pressure that after I have a tx he's going to expect me to be "back to normal". :-?

For me, the problem has also been compounded by the fact that my UTIs have usually been closely associated with my menstrual cycle and sexual activity, so I'm quite paranoid about sex and cleanliness now - not exactly the greatest turn-on. ;)

So yeah - a combination of the physical, psychological and emotional leading to overall decreased interest.
Calcichew

Post by Calcichew »

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life ... 994318.ece

Most read article on the Times website today! It's just that we're all worn out from those personal training sessions and exec board meetings ...

A functioning transplant helps (blood pressure tablets don't). :shock: