Cost of living Food - Community Grocers

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Cost of living Food - Community Grocers

Post by JMan »

Cost of living - FOOD
Hi all, just wanted to mention, you may have a Community Grocers in your area.
https://communitygrocery.org.uk/how-we-can-help/

These are NOT food banks, more of a co op grocery, and backed by the All Nations churches.

You register with an annual fee, (£5) to become part of a co op, and then a shop is just £4 a time (you can easily get a weeks worth of shopping for very little)

Shared to NKF/KCUK etc.

We use our local when we can as food deliveries from the supermarkets are EXPENSIVE
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
Skm

Re: Cost of living Food - Community Grocers

Post by Skm »

I had always wondered how people got food bank vouchers. (Maybe you all knew already). As a result of some volunteering I’ve done I can answer - through your local citizens advice service. If they can’t refer you directly they can tell you who can. In some areas they are also responsible for distribution of the Household Support Fund. They also do benefit checks, help you apply for benefits, budgeting help and debt management. All this on top of the hundreds of other things they help with. You can find details of your local service on line - Google it. Search for your local office on their home page.
Transplant May 2015