PKD patients - experience of Polycystic Liver?

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Thumps

PKD patients - experience of Polycystic Liver?

Post by Thumps »

Hey folks - as above, I'm curious for PKD folks what your liver experiences have been?

I actually had to have surgery on a liver cyst before I'd even got to transplant, but it's not been front of mind for quite a few years. Now though, my liver is completely covered and has massively increased in size, and is accompanied by another hernia (my third!).

Has anyone here got to the point where they needed a liver tx as well as a kidney one? How did that go? Are people living with the problems associated with hepatomegaly? How much coordination is there with your kidney team?

Thanks in advance, feel free to DM if preferred.
PKD/PLD diagnosed 1994, CKD stage 5 Oct 2007, Living Donor Kidney Transplant Dec 2008, still going strong!
Thumps

Re: PKD patients - experience of Polycystic Liver?

Post by Thumps »

Really? No-one?? :(
PKD/PLD diagnosed 1994, CKD stage 5 Oct 2007, Living Donor Kidney Transplant Dec 2008, still going strong!