covid

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

tomjo

covid

Post by tomjo »

Have any transplant recipients been unfortunate enough to catch the virus ? ( i have just learned that my son has caught it )
Chris Wright

Re: covid

Post by Chris Wright »

A neighbour and transplant patient in his 70s did.

He was a bit "poorly" for a few days and on the second day was taken to hospital for oxygen.

After about 2 weeks he was doing walking laps of his front garden and a couple of weeks later was walking in the common near us.

This was about a year ago.

He seems to have made a full recovery.

Yes, if you have covid when immunocompromised, the risks are huge but the numbers seem to say that the vast majority survive and recover.

But i feel for you, you must be very concerned.

Chris
Transplanted Sept 1981

Still enjoying life like a 21 year old, or younger!
tomjo

Post by tomjo »

Thanks Chris - that's encouraging .He has been unwell for about 10 days i gather but appears to be improving .I am hoping this will continue .( It also means that his 3rd covid jab and his flu jab will be delayed .
Rik

Post by Rik »

a member who no longer posts on here caught covid earlier this year..
was in hospital to help with her breathing but is now back home with her husband and young son happily recovered from it..
tomjo

Post by tomjo »

That's good to hear .