New member introduction

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

lalaanne21

New member introduction

Post by lalaanne21 »

Hi everyone
I’m Linda and have had CKD Stage 4 for many years through lots of kidney surgery in my younger days resulting in permanent kidney damage. eGFR fluctuates between 19 and 15 along with other levels. Am under regular monitoring with local renal clinic but only via remote monitoring so haven’t actually physically seen a doctor in the flesh for about three years!
I had to have an iron infusion a couple of weeks ago (the first one I’d ever had) and had a very bad scary reaction and have been feeling unwell ever since but beginning to feel a bit better today.
I am glad to have found this forum, as there are members with similar issues and having looked through some of the postings I can see there are others who have had worse problems than I have and would like to wish everyone best wishes and good luck for continued steady health.
Thumps

Re: New member introduction

Post by Thumps »

Hello! Nice to have you with us :)
PKD/PLD diagnosed 1994, CKD stage 5 Oct 2007, Living Donor Kidney Transplant Dec 2008, still going strong!
tracieann

Post by tracieann »

Hi Linda can I ask you what is your coping strategy for all this my egfr is 31 dropped from 55 in a month I'm terrified you sound so calm and accepting
wagolynn

Post by wagolynn »

Hi Tracieann,
Look at it this way, any amount of worrying will not change anything...

Best wishes.
tracieann

Post by tracieann »

How did you deal with this Wagolynn please
wagolynn

Post by wagolynn »

Hi Tracieann,

I usually think it through in this way - can I do/change anything by worrying?
And of course the answer is no, so put it on the back burner until I have more facts.

If you feel you must do something read the articles to found on this forums Home page https://www.kidneypatientguide.org.uk/
The aim is to try and understand kidney problems.

Best wishes.