Stage 3 no protein in urine

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Lou0601

Stage 3 no protein in urine

Post by Lou0601 »

Hi I am 54 years old diagnosed stage 3 . My EGFR is 59 I have no protein in my urine BP is fine not diabetic. Also just diagnosed with under active thyroid. Is there any link to the 2 conditions ?
wagolynn

Re: Stage 3 no protein in urine

Post by wagolynn »

Hi Lou0610,

Welcome to the forum.

With an eGFR of 59 I think they will go ahead and treat the thyroid as a separate issue.

With an eGFR of 59 I doubt you will notice ant kidney issues.

Best wishes.
Lou0601

Post by Lou0601 »

Thank you
JohnW99

Post by JohnW99 »

Hi

I have never had any protein in my urine, this surprised my nephrologist but eventually I was diagnosed with ADTKD-UMOD. I don't know if other conditions give similar symptoms.

John
nellie237

Post by nellie237 »

Hi Lou0601,

I have been hypothyroid since 2007. I have read that a low T3 can affect GFR.

I was diagnosed celiac in Nov 2020, and that is definitely linked to autoimmune hypothyroidism. Early this month I had acute kidney injury where my GFR dropped in a week from 82 to 29 - this was due to blood pressure meds. My GFR has come back up to 61 - testing again next week.

Do you know if the hypo is autoimmune, and have you had Iron, Folate, B12 & D checked, and do you know the results and ranges? - these are important for you if it is autoimmune.
nellie237

Post by nellie237 »

Hi Lou0601,

I have been autoimmune hypothyroid (Hashi's) since 2007. I have read that low T3 can affect eGFR negatively. Do you know the results and ranges of your TFT?

Do you know if you are autoimmune Hashi's? If you are, and not already done, you need to get Iron, Folate, B12 & D checked as many Hashi's patients are low in these. You should also be tested for celiac.