Protein in Urine

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Mags4743

Protein in Urine

Post by Mags4743 »

My husband has excessive amounts of protein in his urine - 394!! His consultant is treating him with Losartan to lower his blood pressure and he says these tablets have a good effect on the kidneys. He has been taking Losartan for over 1 month (25 mcg) and the protein has reduced slightly (219). His consultant wants him to double the Losartan but what worries me is my husband’s blood pressure is absolutely spot on. Is anyone else suffering with protein in the urine at this high level and if so how are you being treated. Thank you.
wagolynn

Re: Protein in Urine

Post by wagolynn »

Hi Mags4743,
Welcom to the forum.

I have not had this problem but two thoughts - It is unlikley that the drug works in a linear fashion as the dose is increased (eg. twice the dose twice the effect).
What is his BP with the present dose?
Mags4743

Post by Mags4743 »

wagolynn wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:29 pm Hi Mags4743,
Welcom to the forum.

I have not had this problem but two thoughts - It is unlikley that the drug works in a linear fashion as the dose is increased (eg. twice the dose twice the effect).
What is his BP with the present dose?
His average BP over a week Is 117/76.
wagolynn

Post by wagolynn »

Hi Mags4743,
The BP looks good.

I think I would do as the consultant asked, and ncrease the dose but keep an eye on BP.
If he shows signes of low BP get in touch with your GP ASAP.

Best wishes.
Mags4743

Post by Mags4743 »

Thank you for your response.