Stent removal

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

DeanH

Stent removal

Post by DeanH »

I have just had my Stent removed at Guys Hospital, I had my kidney and pancreas transplant 9 weeks ago and I was absolutely dreading having the stent removed after hearing some people complain about how much it hurt etc, I am sure it might be different for every person but it was absolutely fine, a little uncomforatble if anything but I was in the room for about 2 minutes and that included pulling my trousers down to my knees and talking tk the doctor for a bit, it was over in a blink of an eye and I now wonder what I was so scared of. So
Anyone out there who has one coming up, don't stress and worry it will quick and fine!
chessnut

Re: Stent removal

Post by chessnut »

Thanks! It's good to hear such stories when you are waiting for the whole process to begin.

Congratulations on your transplant.
Dixie1

Post by Dixie1 »

Ditto what chessnut said! Nice to know these things. Congratulations on the transplant. Hope all goes well for you.
sporti

Post by sporti »

This is good to know thanks. How are you getting on with all the tablets please. I'm finding making me very anxious and trembly and woozy.
DeanH

Post by DeanH »

Hi, so far I think iv been fairly lucky with side effects, however I did have a bit of anxiety and sleeplessness for the first couple of weeks after leaving hospital but that seemed to clear up after that, they reduced my steroids from 10mg to 5mg after about 4 weeks after the transplant which I think helped. Have you spoken to your clinic about it? I think it's fairly normal esp while you are getting used to it all. Hope you are doing ok with it all otherwise though.
sporti

Post by sporti »

Hi DeanH

I go back to hospital on Tuesday so I shall be sure to mention it. My transplant was on May 12 and I left hospital on May 22. Thank you x
sporti

Post by sporti »

Hi
I had my stent removed! It took a while to set up machine. They did it at my bedside. Gave me lots of numbing creme and it took no longer than 2 minutes. Didn't feel a thing just some pulling. :D
Tibbs

Post by Tibbs »

Nice one. Mine felt like they were shoving a cactus down my urethra... :( :shock:
26/11/12 - Live donor transplant from my dad
6/1/13 - Discharged - Rejection episode over
7/1/13 - Getting on with life
24/9/13 - Left Radical Nephrectomy of Native Kidney due to cancerous tumour
14/10/13 - Back to work, getting on with life
jooles

Post by jooles »

I got lucky and had the surgeon who doesn't use stents'
FSGS
Born 1966
APD Sept 2103 - March 2015
DCD Transplant QA Portsmouth 19th March 2015
SKM23435

Post by SKM23435 »

Had mine removed today.
Quick. Easy. Uncomfortable but not painful. Whole thing just took couple of minutes.

Now just keep feeling as if I want to pee.
Started APD July 2014
On transplant and paired exchange lists.
Transplant 9/5/15