Forgot to take adaport and mmf last night :(

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

DeanH

Forgot to take adaport and mmf last night :(

Post by DeanH »

Hi, I am 7 weeks post kidney and pancreas transplant, seems to be going well so far, somehow i managed to miss my adaport and mmf tabletsady night which I am so shocked and worried about, I have taken my morning ones today and told guys renal unit what happened and they said it happens to most people at least once, but I am so very worried about what this could mean for my new organs and what my blood test results will look like after this. I have a clinic appointment tomorrow but very scared for what missing them could mean.
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Re: Forgot to take adaport and mmf last night :(

Post by JMan »

As the unit has said everyone does it once, and they probably actually like it that your straight with them and voice your concerns. It shows that you really care for the life changing transplant.

You probably won't forget them again in a hurry:)

Hope your clinic goes well:)
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
rheaybou

Post by rheaybou »

As Jman said, it happens to EVERYONE and normally in the early weeks. I once forgot to take my AM dose at 10 and called the ward direct at 5PM for advice.

Was also out for a few beers on Saturday and was sick an hour and a half after taking my meds on Sunday morning, a quick call and a check of my labs and they tell you what to do.

I would say to relax and not to panic, but I know I did the same....Good luck in clinic and I am confident all will be okay.
Now 35 with Alports and I had my first kidney-versary 18th feb 2013....I hope to have many more.

My living donor and his family are doing all well.

==
Alports.
Tibbs

Post by Tibbs »

I took the totally wrong dose for a day or so the week after I got out - I was taking 4mg of Tacro rather than 8mg...

I have a terrible memory and forget to take my tablets at least once a month. (Horrible admission I know) These dsrugs have a really long half life, so as long as you don't forget too often, it's unlikely to be serious. Just slap yourself and make sure you remember next time!

Do you have a medicine pot so you organise your tablets ahead of time? I got given one and it really helps to get everything sorted.

http://www.medimax.co.uk/shop/medimax_p ... niser.aspx

I have this one.
26/11/12 - Live donor transplant from my dad
6/1/13 - Discharged - Rejection episode over
7/1/13 - Getting on with life
24/9/13 - Left Radical Nephrectomy of Native Kidney due to cancerous tumour
14/10/13 - Back to work, getting on with life
DeanH

Post by DeanH »

Thanks for your replies, you have put my mind a bit more at ease, will be much more careful in future!
AmandaClare

Post by AmandaClare »

I find a medicine pot also really helps with that equally awkward problem - not knowing whether or not I've taken my tablets! Or is that just me? :oops:
Alports Syndrome
Dialysis 1986, aged 14
Transplant 1988, still going strong!
Baby boy 2010
Tibbs

Post by Tibbs »

AmandaClare wrote:I find a medicine pot also really helps with that equally awkward problem - not knowing whether or not I've taken my tablets! Or is that just me? :oops:
Nope, not just you. If I go out, I put my tablets in a little ziploc bag so they don't take up so much room. If I get home before tablet time, I have a devil of a time figuring out whether I've taken them or not!
26/11/12 - Live donor transplant from my dad
6/1/13 - Discharged - Rejection episode over
7/1/13 - Getting on with life
24/9/13 - Left Radical Nephrectomy of Native Kidney due to cancerous tumour
14/10/13 - Back to work, getting on with life